The New Age Blues (a song I'm working on)

Well my baby got back just the other day.
I said, “I didn’t realize you’d been away.”
She said, “I been hangin’ out in Santa Fe.”

I moved to make some room for her in bed,
And her blank stare made me wonder what I’d said.
She said, “I’m New Age now and I meditate instead.”

I got the New Age blues, and I’m as blue as I can be.
I got a cork-and-iron-lined WC,
And I’m eliminatin’ my impurity.

So I called her up and asked her, why did she go?
And she told me her New Mexico amigo
Prescribed a rice and water diet for my ego.

Well, I’m doin’ all I can to quash the rumor,
Spread by geriatric baby boomers,
That New Age people have no sense of humor.

I got the New Age blues, etc.



Also by Robert MacLean:  

Mortal Coil: A Comedy of Corpses at Amazon US, Amazon UK, Amazon FR, Amazon DE and Smashwords;

The President's Palm Reader: A Washington Comedy at Amazon US, Amazon UK, Amazon FR, Amazon DE and Smashwords; 

and the Toby books: 

Foreign Matter at Amazon US, Amazon UK, Amazon FR, Amazon DE and Smashwords;

Total Moisture at Amazon US, Amazon UK, Amazon FR, Amazon DE and Smashwords;

The Cad at Amazon US, Amazon UK, Amazon FR, Amazon DE and Smashwords; and 

Will You Please Fuck Off? at Amazon US, Amazon UK, Amazon FR, Amazon DE and Smashwords.

And they're all at Apple, iTunes, Barnes and Noble, Sony, Kobo, Diesel—the whole street.

No comments:

Post a Comment